Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for appointment to the post of Human Resource Manager within the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court, Headquarters, Castries, Saint Lucia .
JOB TITLE : Human Resource Manager
REPORTS TO : Chief Justice
CLASSIFICATION : MPP 7
A. DUTIES AND TASKS
The successful applicant is required to perform the following duties among others:
4. Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning of new programs/strategies and actions as those items impact the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the Court.
5. Develop staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the Court for positions of responsibility. Identify appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within the Court.
7. Develop human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs for the filling of the gaps. Areas of activity will include talent management through proper succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, training and development programs for preparing employees for more significant responsibilities and general business development programs to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of the business of the court and relevant software.
11. Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce human resources policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation. In particular, manage the HRIS and necessary reports for critical analyses of the HR function and the people resources of the court.
15. Evaluation of the human resource department structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) for individuals.
16. Administers salaries and benefits for the judges, management and staff of the Court’s Headquarters.
17. Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
B. SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
The successful applicant’s skills, knowledge and abilities should include:
2. Demonstrated supervisory management ability
3. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
4. Strong leadership skills
5. The ability to plan strategically with sound judgment
6. Excellent interpersonal skills
7. Tact and diplomacy
8. Excellent facilitator and mediator
9. Knowledge and ability to interpret relevant labour legislation
10. Knowledge of public service procedures and regulations
11. The ability to work at a high pace and for long hours to complete tasks
12. The ability to deal with crisis or work pressure
13. The ability to effectively negotiate and tactically respond to staff demands
14. The ability to develop and implement interventions to address unforeseen developments.
C. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
This position requires a Master’s Degree or equivalent in Human Resource Management or related discipline plus five (5) years relevant work experience or training OR the equivalent combination of education and experience. The incumbent should also have professional level training and working knowledge in:
a) Human Resource Information Systems
b) Personnel management
c) Industrial relations
d) Job development and classification
e) Team building
f) Labour laws
g) Corporate communication
h) Compensation systems
i) Customer services
Salary shall be commensurate with the successful applicant’s qualifications and experience.
Completed employment application form, together with acover letter, curriculum vitae (CV),two  written reference letters and certified copies of documents pertaining to qualifications, should be addressed to:
Judicial and Legal Services Commission
Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court
2nd Floor, Heraldine Rock Building
P.O. Box 1093
The Waterfront, Castries
Saint Lucia, West Indies.
To arrive no later than Monday, 31st December 2018.
NB: Application forms may be downloaded at the Court’s Website ( www.eccourts.org). Applications may also be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Unsuitable candidates will not be acknowledged. Candidates meeting the minimum qualifications and experience may not be considered for an interview. Only the candidates with the best qualifications and experience will be shortlisted for interview.