Human Resource · Castries, LC
The Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) is an inter-governmental organisation dedicated to economic harmonisation and integration, protection of human and legal rights, and the encouragement of good governance between countries and dependencies in the Eastern Caribbean. Read More…
The Administrative Officer is responsible for providing comprehensive administrative, technical and analytical support to enable efficient operations within the assigned Division/Unit. He/she reports to the Head of Division/Unit.
- Efficiently coordinate the day-to-day operational activities, including but not limited to managing team events, correspondence, appointments, editing and preparing documents/reports.
- Develop and maintain electronic systems and databases to efficiently manage the unit’s records.
- Provide support to the initiatives of the division/unit, ensuring that objectives are delivered in a timely manner.
- Conduct research and present findings to support decisions/actions in one’s area of work.
- Ensure efficient records management in line with the organisation’s Information Management Policy and division/unit requirements, including relevant confidential records.
- Coordinate all travel and accommodation arrangements for traveling officers
- Coordinate all administrative and logistical arrangements for workshop/unit’s events.
- Explore workable solutions to manage competing priorities.
- Apply project management skills to efficiently manage multiple events.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders to meet the needs of the division/unit.
- Collaborate with the Finance and Asset Management Units, to ensure that a registry of the Unit’s assets is updated and insurance coverage is managed in a timely manner.
- Assist in the procurement process by:
1. preparing requisitions and checking their completeness and authorization.
2. timely and accurate maintenance of procurement files.
3. Undertake any other duties as assigned by the Head of Unit.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least two (2) years administrative experience in a related field
- An Associate Degree, Diploma in Business Administration or its equivalent
- Expert knowledge of office operations and efficient use of office management software (included but not limited to: MS word,excel, powerpoint publisher)
- Fast, efficient and accurate typing skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skill
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills
- Ability to follow instructions and manage time effectively
- Drive with Purpose and Vision
- Build Effective Teams
- Communicates Effectively
- Demonstrates Decision Quality
- Creates an Environment of Trust
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The OECS Commission headquarters, Castries, St. Lucia. The position of Administrative Officer is open to nationals of OECS member states.
The position is on a fixed-term subject to satisfactory annual reviews. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and exempt from income taxes. The incumbent will be eligible for membership in the Organisation’s non-contributory Group Health and Life Insurance Scheme.
Deadline for applications: 23 February 2020.
Only applications under consideration will be acknowledged.