NOTICE OF REGISTRATION
The E-Litigation Portal is now live for the Commercial Court and the Court of Appeal in Saint Lucia for the mandatory electronic filing of all new matters.
Although a Notice of Registration was posted on the court’s website and disseminated through the High Court Registry and the Bar Association, a number of legal practitioners have not yet registered their law firms on the E-Litigation Portal. Practitioners who have not registered as yet are therefore urged to do so as soon as possible to avoid any inconvenience when ready to file.
In order to create your law firm on the Portal the following information must be provided:
- Name of Law Firm
- Senior managing partner’s name or the name of the person who will be administering the firm’s information on the Portal along with their e-mail address and telephone number
- Business Address
- Electronic copy of Business/Company Certificate which clearly shows business registration number (where available)
Once this information is obtained, a record of the law firm will be created in the E-Litigation Portal. This will allow legal practitioners to create their user accounts within the E-Litigation Portal and where applicable associate themselves with their Law Firms. In order to register on the Portal, Legal Practitioners and their support staff would need at least the following:
- Law Firm Name
- Your role in the Law Firm
- National ID, Passport # or Driver’s License #
- Electronic copy of National ID or Passport or Driver’s License
- Practicing Certificate # (where applicable)
Please be guided accordingly.
Dated 3rd Decmber, 2018