LEGAL INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME 2019
Applications are invited for the 2019 Legal Internship Programme of the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court. Students who have successfully completed the first year of Law School are eligible to apply. The programme is intended to provide another avenue by which students of Law Schools may pursue their internship attachment with the Court for the purpose of satisfying the requirements of their institution. It is envisaged that this programme will assist students to acquire experience in, and knowledge of, the practical workings of the Court, its processes and its role as the primary organ for the administration of justice in the Eastern Caribbean.
During the period of internship, an intern will be required to perform any or all of the following duties:
- Conduct research for the writing of judgments and rulings as directed by the Honourable Chief Justice and the Justices of Appeal;
- Write legal opinions on issues as directed by the Honourable Chief Justice and the Justices of Appeal;
- Participate in the administrative functions of the Court, by performing proofreading, editing, headnoting and similar functions, and attending meetings whenever necessary;
- Attend sittings of the Court of Appeal;
- Assist the Chief Registrar of the Court in the performance of her duties.
The internship programme is intended to benefit two  students over the given summer period. The programme is open to students who are registered in a full time course of study at all accredited Law Schools. Applicants will be short-listed for interviews at a time and place to be determined by the Court.
Duration and Stipend
The internship will be for a period of ten  weeks from Monday, 3rd June to Friday, 9th August 2019. The intern will be paid a monthly stipend of Three thousand five hundred dollars [$3,500.00] Eastern Caribbean Currency. Remuneration for the period of any part of a month worked will be calculated pro rata and the intern paid accordingly.
An application for the internship programme must be in writing, accompanied by a current curriculum vitae and letters from two  referees. Applications should be addressed to:
The Chief Registrar
Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court
P.O. Box 1093
Saint Lucia, W.I.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com . The deadline for the receipt of applications is Friday, 25th January 2019.